Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chehalis to Oly and back

On Sunday we were invited to a BBQ at Alx's sisters house. I immediately jumped on the idea of riding there and, hopefully, back as well. I set out at 10 AM and made it there at 1:00PM.

My route goes up SR 507 to catch the bike trail in Tenino. I can follow the trail 21 miles into Olympia. It is only 1.5 miles to their house from the trail.

Everything was ideal. The temperature was 58 and overcast and only a slight breeze.

The ride up was a new record for me of 15.33 mph average.

The return ride was almost as fast at 14.83 mph average. On my return ride, evening was setting in and on the bike path I got to see some quail and a vulture close up. My bike was quiet enough that I got close to them before they noticed me.

Total miles for the day: 77.6

No comments: